Intake Screening Process
How to Request Accommodations
- Student requests an appointment with the Coordinator of Accessibility Services by emailing email@example.com
- Once assigned an SSU email, the student submits their request through the secure portal by completing #7 for academic accommodations, #8 for alternative media, or #10 or housing accommodations. Each internet browser responds a little differently, but you will get a prompt to enter the credentials you use to log onto computers on campus. See MyID.mrjalili.com if you need additional log in information. No SSU credentials? Visit Forms and How to Open Them to download PDF versions of the forms.
- Student brings approved documentation for intake process at first meeting with Coordinator. Approved documentation includes the following:
- Last IEP/504 plan from high school
- Recent psychological evaluation
- Letter from physician documenting disability (date of diagnosis, severity and current treatment)
- The Coordinator of Accessibility Services reviews the documentation, conducts and individualized assessments and determines eligibility according to guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- The Coordinator of Accessibility Services provides student and instructors with an approved accommodation letter sent through secure e-mail at the beginning of the semester.
- Student should meet with their instructors during the first couple of weeks of classes by stopping in during the instructor’s office hours.
Contact for Questions
1001 4th St.
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
Phone: (740) 351-3608
Fax: (740) 539-8827