The Excellence in the Humanities Award was developed specifically to showcase the research-based scholarship of students in the Humanities at Shawnee State University.
All students nominated and award winners are subject the following stipulations:
- The award is for outstanding research and writing projects in the arts, humanities, and social sciences that are investigative, project-based, and scholarly;
- Recipient must be currently enrolled SSU students and must participate as oral presenters in the Celebration of Scholarship Conference;
- Award finalists and recipients are nominated only by faculty mentors;
- Nominees must give a 15-minute presentation during a special "Humanities Prize" session during the Celebration of Scholarship Conference;
- The recipient of this award will receive a scholarship of $500 applied to their student account.
- If a group receives the award, the money will be divided up between all of the group members.
- Award amounts may be refunded to the student(s) in the event all of their tuition and fees are paid.
Nominations are due by 11:59pm on March 29, 2024 and should be sent to Marie Richey: email@example.com